Kingston Arts' crowd-favourite Pop Up Bar returns to Moorabbin
12 January 2017
Summer nights will be filled with live music in Moorabbin thanks to the return of the popular Kingston Arts Pop Up Bar.
Crowds will flood the Kingston Arts courtyard every Friday night in February to enjoy free live music from a range of talented artists at the 5th annual Pop Up Bar.
Kingston Mayor David Eden said thousands of people enjoyed the popular annual event.
“This is a great chance to gather together with friends, family and workmates to enjoy great live music right here in the neighbourhood,” Cr Eden said.
“The Pop Up Bar is a much-loved annual event that is a great way to people to discover the fantastic Kingston Arts Centre.”
Performers at the 2017 Pop Up Bar include:
- February 3 – Blues and roots performer Geoff Achison.
- February 10 – Soul Sacrifice - The Music of Santana
- February 17 –Popular local cover band Takin' Cover
- February 24 – The Dirty Laundry Band
The weekly event will also feature:
- a chill-out zone featuring DJs, giant Jenga game and audio visual projections
- a variety of food trucks including Yo India, The Greek Trojan Yiros, Mutter Krause and The Real Jerk
- local Braeside brewery The Boatrocker Brewing Company will be supplying craft beer with cider, wine and soft drinks also on offer.
A Boutique Design Market will also be held on Friday February 3 featuring a range of stalls including homewares, clothing, accessories and more.
The Pop Up Bar is supported by Ray White Moorabbin, Boatrocker Brewing Company and locally based AV company Show Division.