Music, fun and friends at Kingston Arts Pop Up Bar
19 January 2018
Summer nights will once again be filled with live music thanks to the return of the popular Kingston Arts Pop Up Bar.
Crowds will flood the newly renovated Kingston Arts courtyard in Moorabbin every Friday night in February to enjoy free live music from a range of talented artists at the 6th annual Pop Up Bar.
Kingston Mayor Steve Staikos said thousands of people enjoyed the popular annual event.
“This is a great annual event where our community gathers together with friends, family and workmates to enjoy fantastic live music right here in the neighbourhood,” Cr Staikos said.
“The Pop Up Bar is part of Kingston Arts year-round calendar of interesting events which includes theatre performances, children’s entertainment, art house movies, comedy shows and much more.”
Performers at the 2017 Pop Up Bar include:
- 2 February - Soulfire with Andrea Marr
- 9 February - Jam The FUNK
- 16 February - Soul Sacrifice (Santana Cover Band)
- 23 February - Soul Sister and Dirty Laundry
Artist-in-residence Robert Scholten will be running a hands-on interactive art event to entertain all ages on February 2 & 9
The weekly event will also feature:
- a chill-out zone featuring DJs, giant Jenga game and interactive art
- a variety of food trucks including Greek Trojan, Mutter Krause, Nuoc Mama, Yo India and The
- Real Jerk
- local Braeside brewery The Boatrocker Brewing Company will be supplying craft beer.
The Pop Up Bar is supported by Nicholas Crowder and local AV company Show Division.
For further information please visit kingstonarts.com.au