Kingston’s Pet Expo a purr-fect day out for families
6 March 2020
Animal enthusiasts, pet owners and their four-legged friends are invited to Kingston Council’s annual Pet Expo.
The much-loved free event is on Saturday 4 April from 10am–2pm at Kingston Heath Reserve in Cheltenham and is proudly sponsored by PETstock.
Kingston Mayor Georgina Oxley said the Pet Expo was a fun day out for the whole family – and dogs are welcome to join in the fun. ‘Kingston is a city of animal lovers with approximately 22,000 registered animals and our expo is a wonderful opportunity for our animal owners of all ages to come together and celebrate the joy of pet ownership’
“Kingston’s Pet Expo is a terrific way to promote responsible pet ownership and to celebrate our love for animals and pets within the community” Cr Oxley said. “My rescued pug x poodle Banjo is a much-loved part of our family and I know first-hand the joy a pet can bring to our lives.”
The Pet Expo features:
- free activities including a giant slide and musical performances
- fun competitions for your pooch including happiest dog and best dog trick performed on the day
- watch the Frankston Fly Ball event
- presentations by Wildlife Exposure
- community sausage sizzle plus a variety of food trucks
- PETstock will have 300 showbags for a $2 donation with all money raised going to a PETstock Assist Charity
- this year’s expo will be hosted by Lara Shannon from the TV Show Pooches at Play
Please note all dogs must be on a leash at all times.
You can also register your pet if you’re a new owner or pay your registration renewal at the Pet Expo to go into the draw to win a tablet device!
“Pet registration is crucial to ensure our Local Laws officers can reunite lost pets with their owners,” Cr Oxley said. “Some people don’t realise that pet registration is compulsory, but we can help and will have staff on hand to make registering your pet quick and easy.”
For more details about the Pet Expo, visit kingston.vic.gov.au/pet-expo