Experienced Interim CEO appointed to guide Kingston during 2021
18 March 2021
The City of Kingston has appointed Tim Tamlin as its interim CEO until 31 October 2021.
Mr Tamlin brings significant experience to the role, having served as CEO of South Gippsland Shire Council for 10 years and prior to that as Director of Engineering Services at the City of Greater Dandenong.
Kingston Mayor Steve Staikos said Mr Tamlin’s strong leadership experience would help guide the City of Kingston while recruitment for the ongoing CEO position took place. “We believe Mr Tamlin will provide stability to ensure we continue providing high-quality services, invest in new facilities and support our business community during COVID-recovery,” Cr Staikos said.
Mr Tamlin said it was an honour to be appointed Interim CEO and he was keen to get started. “I look forward to working closely with Kingston Councillors, staff and the community to set a steady course for the Council term,” Mr Tamlin said.
Mr Tamlin brings qualifications in science, management, banking & finance and has worked extensively in road and infrastructure management before moving into the local government sector. His diverse local government experience includes leading teams responsible for key community infrastructure including the delivery of Performing Arts and Children Services centres; roads; footpaths and drains; parks and open spaces; finance; library; arts and heritage; waste; capital works and information management.
During his 10 years as CEO, South Gippsland Shire Council, Mr Tamlin:
- Transformed its financial status from relying on borrowings into a strong, financially sustainable organisation
- Secured significant state and federal funding for key local projects
- Developed a shared-services model in partnership with other regional councils
- Created a strong culture of staff retention following several years of instability
- Championed projects with regional significance such as the NBN rollout, mobile telecommunications blackspots and Destination Gippsland tourism
Mr Tamlin will commence as Interim CEO on Monday 29 March 2021.