Annual Pet Expo a purr-fect day out for families
5 April 2018
Animal enthusiasts, pet owners and their four-legged friends are invited to Kingston Council’s annual Pet Expo.
Kingston Mayor Steve Staikos said the Pet Expo was a fun day out for the whole family – and dogs are welcome to join in the fun. “Kingston’s Pet Expo is a terrific way to promote responsible pet ownership and to celebrate our love for animals and pets within the community” Cr Staikos said.
“My schnoodle Pepper is a much-loved part of our family and I know first-hand the joy a pet can bring to our lives.”
The much-loved free annual event is on Saturday 28 April from 10am–3pm at a new venue – Kingston Heath Reserve in Cheltehnam, just across the road from DFO.
The Pet Expo features:
- free activities including pony rides, face painting and animal farm
- demonstrations from the Moorabbin Dog Obedience Club, Frankston Fly Ball Competition, ferret races, sniffer dogs and more
- best-dressed dog, happiest dog, best dog trick
- Bring along a photograph on the day for the prettiest cat and grumpiest cat competitions
- sausage sizzle & ice cream and market stalls
- 50 free showbags dogs and cats – leads, toys, treats
Please note all dogs must be on a leash at all times. Owners can also register their pets at the event.
“Pet registration is crucial to ensure our Local Laws officers can reunite lost pets with their owners,” Cr Staikos said. “Some people don’t realise that pet registration is compulsory but we can help and will have staff on hand to make registering your pet quick and easy.
See kingston.vic.gov.au or phone Council on 1300 653 356 to find out if you are eligible for reduced registration fees, as you may need to bring along documents on the day to receive a discount.