Petitions may be submitted for tabling at Council Meetings, subject to the following criteria contained in Rule 40 of Council's Governance Rules:
- the petition must be in writing (other than in pencil), typed or printed containing the request of the petitioners or signatories
- the petition must be signed by at least twelve (12) people
- Council may by resolution accept electronic petitions received via online websites if it is satisfied the petition is authentic from a legitimate website
In addition, Council resolved at the 27 August 2018 Council Meeting that petitions to be presented at a Council Meeting, must be lodged with Council by 5.00pm seven (7) clear days before the date of the scheduled meeting.
A list of Council's meeting dates can be found in the Council Meeting Schedule.
Petitions may be lodged:
- via email to email@example.com; or
- by post addressed to PO Box 1000 Mentone, VIC 3194; or
- in person at Council's Cheltenham Main Office located at 1230 Nepean Highway Cheltenham VIC 3192.