Stay healthy and stay young!
Waves have a wide range of classes, programs as well as membership options for the 55+ community wanting to keep fit and active. No matter what your age, keeping in good physical condition is important.
At Waves Leisure Centre you can experience all facets of fitness. We've got something for everyone:
- Group Fitness Classes including aqua and land based sessions
- Wellness programs including Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates
- Spa, Sauna and Steam facilities
- Pool hoist to assist in aquatic access are available for the formal 50m pool and spa
Kingston Active Off Peak Membership
- Includes access to gym, group fitness classes, pools, spa, sauna and steam rooms at BOTH Waves and Don Tatnell Leisure Centres
- Off Peak hours are 8:00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday and ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday.
This is a great way to give your fitness regime lots of variety and includes an initial fitness consultation with a trainer to make sure your individual program is right for you!
The Southland Striders group walks twice a week in the warm, social and friendly atmosphere of Westfield Southland.
- Sessions run Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:45am
- Meeting point is JB Hi-Fi at Southland
- Walking session is 1 hour - stay for a coffee and a chat afterwards!
- All you need to do is print out the registration form, fill it in and bring it to your first session