The Kingston Service Clubs Network meets four times a year to work together on joint projects. Clubs involved include Rotary, Lions and Kiwanis Clubs.
Purposes of the network:
- Assist those disadvantaged in the community
- Assist the whole community and provide support where required
- Communicate with other service clubs to learn about what each club is doing and discuss problems that can be handled by service clubs
- Meet with Council staff and Councillors
- Encourage clubs to think beyond issues involved in their particular club
- Plan future activities for service clubs
Objectives of the network:
- Build fellowship between service clubs and Kingston Council to unite organisations and provide an avenue for discussion.
- Share information between service clubs and Kingston Council to increase our capacity to develop our local community.
- Combine resources, abilities and skills on community projects in a consistent approach.
- Identify strengths and needs in the community which help to prioritise community projects and requests for funds.
- Promote activities and events occurring in the future by Council and service clubs.
- To assist other clubs with their activities and events by providing information, resources and promotion.
- Share information about projects to be able to assist in positive manner.
- Achieve coherent service clubs, where all are well informed but do not interfere with other club projects.
- Work on one joint project that will benefit the whole community.
To become a member of the Kingston Services Clubs Network, contact the Community Engagement team on 9581 4809 or email