Annual Pet Expo a purr-fect day out for families
22 February 2017
Animal enthusiasts, pet owners and their four-legged friends are invited to Kingston Council’s annual Pet Expo.
Kingston Mayor David Eden said the Pet Expo was a fun day out for the whole family – and pets are welcome to join in. “Kingston’s Pet Expo is a terrific way to promote responsible pet ownership and to celebrate our love for animals and pets within the community” Cr Eden said.
The much-loved free annual event is on Saturday 25 March from 10am–3pm at Corrigan Oval and the Harold Box Community Centre in Marcus Road, Dingley. The Pet Expo features:
- free activities including pony rides, live reptile display, face painting and giant animal farm
- demonstrations from the Flippin Disc Dogz, Moorabbin Dog Obedience Club, Frankston Fly Ball Competition, ferret races, herding, sniffer dogs and more
- free registration of NEW dogs within Kingston
- first 50 microchips – FREE on day only
- best-dressed dog, happiest dog, dog/owner lookalike, best dressed cat (photograph) competitions
- sausage sizzle & ice cream and market stalls
- cat show in the community hall.
Please note all dogs must be on a leash at all times and cats in a secure cage.
“Pet owners are encouraged to register their pets in a fun and relaxed environment” Cr Eden said. “Registration is crucial for reuniting with your lost animals, and low registration rates in Kingston are quite concerning”.
Pet registration is compulsory and Council staff will be on hand to help make registering your pet quick and easy. “Don’t worry if you haven’t registered your pet in the past just come along and we’ll get it sorted, no questions asked,” Cr Eden said.
See kingston.vic.gov.au or phone Council on 1300 653 356 to find out if you are eligible for reduced registration fees, as you may need to bring along documents on the day to receive a discount.